df  


©2000-2017
Village Of Plover
Designed & Maintained By
The Village of Plover

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

VILLAGE DEMOGRAPHICS

HISTORY:
Plover is located on the portage between the lower and the upper Wisconsin River. It was the first village and, in 1844, the first seat of government of the present Portage County. The village was platted in 1845, but it was not until 1857 that it was incorporated as a village. When Stevens Point replaced Plover as county seat, Plover was disincorporated. In 1912 Plover was again incorporated but, because of financial problems, it was dissolved shortly afterwards. Since the mid-1960's as movement to incorporate Plover was again activated and was successful in its goal in 1971. In all three occassions the village was created out of the township of Plover. The Village of Plover is the most populated village in the county.

ZIP CODE: 54467 P.O. NAME: Plover, WI
LOCATION: 44.450673 N, 89.542805 W

VILLAGE OF PLOVER FACTS AND FIGURES
Date of Incorporation September 20, 1971
Population at incorporation 2,618 (Est.)
1980 Census Population 5,310
1990 Census Population 8,176
2000 Census Population 10,520
2010 Estimated Population 12,123
2013 Estimated Population 12,420
2016 Estimated Population 12,603
2016 Equalized Valuation $1,003,321,800
2016 Assessed Valuation $930,297,120
% Of Assessed to Equalized = 92.70%
Square Miles 11.35
Acres 7,262.28
Miles of Street 91.9
Full-time Employees 55
Ratio of Employees to Residents 1 to 229