Curbside Yard Materials Pickup
Only one fall curbside yard materials pickup and one spring yard materials waste pickup will take place. Changes will be posted on the Public Works Facebook page and on the Municipal Building Post Road information sign.
|Month||Day & Time||Date|
|April||Monday at 7 am||Moved to April 18, 2022|
|October||Monday at 7 am||October 17, 2022|
Yard Material Requirements
Allowed yard materials include grass clippings, leaves, pine needles and cones. Leaf Vac can only pick up clean piles of yard materials.
Yard materials should be placed curbside no more than ten days prior to pickup and before 7 am Monday of pickup.
- Front Lot: Address side pickup only, including cul-de-sacs, no exceptions
- Corner Lots: One side of the lot only
Crews will begin picking up on the dates listed below and make one pass through the Village. Crews will not go back and pick up any yard materials placed curbside after 7 am. Monday of the dates listed below. Persons who have placed yard materials in the right-of-way or on public land outside of the scheduled pick up dates are subject to a citation per Village Ordinances.
The Village will not be liable for damage that occurs to landscaping or amenities within Village right-of-way.
Things to Do
- Place leaves, grass clippings, pine needles and cones in one continuous pile on the outer edge of blacktop roadway surface.
- Place leaves, grass clippings, pine needles and cones curbside no more than ten days prior to pickup and before 7 am Monday of pickup.
- Place pile at least 6 feet away from signs, mailboxes, utility poles, hydrants, guide wires, sprinkler heads, water shut-off valves/manholes, decorative rock or other objects that may sustain damage.
Things to Not Do
- Place leaves, grass clippings, pine needles, etc., in any type of bag (excepting Post Road/Highway 54/CTH B).
- Place piles within 6 feet of objects, signs, mailboxes, utility poles, hydrants, guide wires, sprinkler heads, water shut-off valves/manholes, decorative rock or other objects that may sustain damage.
- Mix in small branches, sticks, stones, rocks, metal, other inorganic matter, dirt, sand, sod, or other encumbrances. Violators will be held liable for damage that occurs to Village equipment.
- Place pile on turfed areas or concrete/asphalt surfaces. If pile is placed in such areas, turf or concrete/asphalt could be damaged during pickup.
CTH B / Highway 54E / W Plover Road / Post Road (Bus. 51)
Leaves, grass clippings, etc. must be bagged and should be placed in the same location recyclables and refuse are placed for pickup.