Village Logo


The Operator's (Bartender's) license is a 1 or 2 year license expiring June 30. The fee for a 1 year license is $20.00 and a 2 year license is $30.00, Either license must be paid at the time of application.

The application must be filled out completely and must be notarized. Notary Public service is available in our office.

A record check will be completed by the Police Department. If the record check reveals inconsistencies from what was/was not reported on the application, your application may be rejected and the fee forfeited. To have your application considered, it would be necessary to reapply, providing complete information, and paying the fee.

State law requires that applicants complete an approved Responsible Beverage Server's course if they have neither held a license in Wisconsin nor completed the course within the last 2 years. Proof must be supplied before a license will be issued. The course is offered online. To view the list of approved courses, go to:

The Finance Committee reviews the applications and recommends approval or denial to the Village Board.

If the Responsible Beverage Course has not been completed, or if an applicant holds a current license in another municipality in Wisconsin, and if there are no alcohol related charges or numerous charges within a short period of time (1-3 years) on your record, a provisional license can be issued if requested. This is valid for up to 60 days, but cannot be renewed or extended. The charge is $15.00.

For additional information about licensing or to obtain applications, contact the Clerk's Office at (715) 345-5250.

The sale of Intoxicating Liquor and Fermented Malt Beverages is regulated by chapter 125 of the Wisconsin Statutes and Chapter 328 of the Plover Municipal Code.

Wisconsin Statutes can also be accessed on the internet at