GARBAGE & RECYCLING
Area Map | Advanced Disposal Brochure |
Portage County Solid Waste Department
Medicine Drop-off Sites
Household "SHARPS" Collection Program
One and two-family dwellings and apartment buildings with three units or less:
The Village contracts for garbage/recycling collection with Advanced Disposal – Wisconsin Rapids. See brochure for your pickup date and recycling instructions.
Garbage and recycling are picked up each week. Place recycling cart curbside by 5:00 a.m. on scheduled days, but not sooner than 24 hours prior to collection. Only one garbage and one recycling cart per household. Carts should be removed from the curb within 24 hours after collection. It is the responsibility of each Village resident to clean up garbage scattered around the collection site.
Items that will not picked up along with regular refuse are as follows:
1) Garden waste, stone, concrete, rubble, earth, or sod
2) Building demolition and construction debris
3) Leaves, lawn clippings, and tree trimmings
4) Household furniture (these items will be collected for a fee. Stickers to be placed on these items can be purchased at the Village of Plover Municipal Center Monday through Friday up until noon on the Thursday before pickup.)
5) Auto parts
6) Garbage or refuse containing recyclable material as listed in the recycling section of this website.
No pickups are scheduled on the following holidays:
New Years Day
If your pickup day falls on one of these holidays, your garbage/recycling will be picked up the following work day unless otherwise announced.
Mobile Home Court
Owners or managers are responsible for arranging with the Village’s waste collection contractor for appropriate containers for garbage/recyclable materials.
Apartment buildings (four units and above)
Owners or managers are responsible for making contract arrangements for collection of garbage/recyclable materials and the appropriate container use for each. Residents in multi-family units should contact the apartment owner or manager for garbage/recycling details.
Bulky (Large) Item Disposal:
- For an additional fee to be paid by the resident, Advanced Disposal will pick up furniture, mattresses, etc. on the second Tuesday of the month. To schedule a pickup of your items, stop at the Village Municipal office at 2400 Post Rd no later than the Thursday prior to the monthly pick up date with payment via check, cash, or money order. You will receive a sticker to place on the item for pickup. You may call the Village Municipal Office at 715-345-5250 with any questions. Click here for a list of items that can be picked up and their associated fees.
- You can take bulky items to the Portage County Solid Waste Transfer Facility for a fee. Click here for details.
- Fox Valley Iron & Metal on Hwy 54 W. takes some appliances for no charge. 715-423-8988
* Hauler: Advanced Disposal-Wisconsin Rapids 1-800-262-3101
* Portage County Solid Waste Transfer Facility 715-343-6297
* Portage County Recycling Information Line 715-345-5972
* Portage County Solid Waste Management Department 715-345-5970
* Portage County Clean Sweep Program 715-346-1931